Cascais has the Perfect conditions for Triathlon and Onyria Quinta da Marinha is a Top triathlon base camp in Cascais
Special Triathlon Package
Cascais is blessed with amazing weather all year long, with hot summers and mild winters.
There is, on average, 3023 hours of sunlight per year (out of 4383) and an average of 8h16m of sunlight per day. It is sunny 69% of daylight hours. The remaining 31% of daylight hours tend to be cloudy, hazy or just low sun intensity.
More than 16 kms of the most beautiful bike lane that stretches from Cascais to the stunning Guincho beach and follows the dramatic cliff coastline with wonderful and unforgettable scenic views where you can safely ride your bike and enjoy a magical tour at the same time!
From Cascais to Sintra, in addition to exercising, you will also experience a cultural visit, surrounded by idyllic landscapes as well as castles, mansions, palaces and beautiful lighthouses.
Coastal roads are generally safe and quiet to cyclists and drivers tend to be conscious and respectful of cyclists’ needs.
Triathlon friendly hotel facilities In Cascais
The Onyria Quinta da Marinha Hotel
in Cascais is ideally located in the heart of Quinta da Marinha along the coastal area and only a 10/15 minute walk from the beach.
With a 24h bicycle parking and security. Close to bike shops for bicycle purchases and/or repairs.
After our healthy nutritionally balanced buffet, made with fresh and local produce, you can put on your running shoes or ride your bike right away because the path starts right outside the hotel door!
Triathlon training in Sintra´s mountains
Embedded in the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park
, the Serra de Sintra (also known as Moon Hill) is a mountain within the Sintra and Cascais municipalities with its highest peak, Cruz Alta, at an altitude of 529 meters.
This area is also very popular with climbers and hikers, alternative sports practice which may complement the triathlon training.
At Serra de Sintra you can also find: The Moorish Castle, Pena Palace, Capuchinhos Convent, Sintra National Palace, Monserrate Palace and Quinta da Regaleira. These are visiting points not to be missed, whether during a training session or during your leisure time.
Triathlon hotel in Cascais with a special Buffet, Food and Diets for triathletes
Some of the available facilities:
- Bicycle storage (with 24 hour security);
- Free Wi-Fi;
- Access to the hotel healthclub: Indoor pool, Sauna and Turkish bath;
- Special conditions for Quinta da Marinha's Racket Club, Gymnasium, Cycling training and a 25 meter pool.;
- Special menu for athletes at Hotel restaurants available at the Hotel's outlets;
- Professional mechanic service for bike assembly;
- Maps with training route options: Swimming, Running and Bike;
- Sports massage service.
Onyria Quinta da Marinha, the ideal place for sportsmen and women of all levels.
Due to its location, close to the Atlantic Ocean and just a few pedals away from the hills of the Serra de Sintra, with the numerous varieties of services and facilities it offers, the hotel is ideal for athletes training for triathlons and duathlons.
- Lots of possible itineraries on road and along the coast.
- Road, trail, indoors or track floor running near the hotel.
- Swimming in our onsite Lake (150m)
- Olympic-size indoor pool 15km from the hotel
- Waveless beach to swim outdoors (10 min)
- 25m Pool (10 min)
Different training areas with low traffic and with different levels of difficulty, flat, mountain, fast coast lanes just a few minutes away.
Triathlon hotel in Cascais bike lock up and bike repair.
Cascais offers repair services in shops at a distance of only 10 minutes from the hotel
. These stores can rent, buy or repair all types of equipment, and you’ll receive qualified assistance that ensures the functionality of all your equipment.
Great hotel location near cycle and triathlon routes in Cascais
Triathlon hotel with sports massage services in Cascais
Sports massage should play an important part in the life of any sportsman or woman whether they are injured or not. Massage has a number of benefits both physical, physiological and psychological. Sports massage can help maintain the body in generally better condition, prevent injuries and loss of mobility, cure and restore mobility to injured muscle tissue, boost performance and extend the overall life of your sporting career.
At Onyria Quinta da Marinha we provide all the necessary contacts to facilitate and improve your performance.