The Quinta da Marinha Golf Course, in Cascais, has 18 holes with 5.870 meters of pure nature and big challenges. This par 71, designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones, offers fantastic views over the Atlantic Ocean and the Sintra Mountains.
In this course you can really see the style of Robert Trent Jones in the elevated Greens & Tees, many bunkers in play and, as expected, some water hazards.
Every hole is different, you will have to use all the clubs in the bag and play with strategy to make a good score.
Some of the holes you won’t forget are:
- Hole 3, Par 4, it is one of the most famous holes of the
Portuguese Golf, with view to the Atlantic Ocean, its picture was used
for many years to promote “Golf in Portugal” abroad.
- Hole 4, Par 3, played over a natural ravine to a quite demanding Green.
- Hole 13, Par 3, you play over a big lake to an elevated green well protected with 4 bunkers.
- Hole 18, a beautiful Par 5, with two lakes, all shots have to be well thought to make sure you are not penalized by the water.
The Lisbon Golf Coast area won in 2007 and 2016 IATGO Award - Best Golf Destination Europe. You can challenge your friends to a little competition or practice in lessons with a PGA certified instructor. But most important is to play your favorite sport in a dream landscape.
Professional Competitions at the Quinta da Marinha Golf Course:
- 1988, Ladies Masters
, a competition integrated in the Ladies Professional Circuit. The winner was the South African player Laurette Maritz-Atkins.
- October 2002, PGA Seniors Tour Championship
, the winner was Denis Durnian with -5. The Tournament was won after a dramatic sudden-death play-off played at the 10th hole. The winner, Denis Durnian, hit the former Ryder Cup star, Eamonn Darcy in the first play-off hole. One of the stars present that week was the famous Christy O'Connor Jr. who finished in the Top 15.
- June 2007, Challenge Tour, won by Ross McGowan. The former Ryder Cup player Peter Baker was leading the race after Round 3 but did not resist the McGowan 66 strokes on the final lap.